Sunday, July 24, 2005

Veteran Teachers

On Friday morning, the Mississippi Teacher Corps Veterans spoke to us about our first days of school. In addition, they gave us some good pointers about what to do and what not to do. Friday was our second day of workshops. We still have workshops on Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday. Up to that point, the Veteran MTC Panel has been the most beneficial. All of the workshops have been excellent; however, this one stood out to me. It was the most interesting and fun. The role plans were excellent! They gave me some really good ideas of what to do and not to do. I think that this will be very beneficial.

To me, my greatest resource has been those who have already gone through the program. They have been in our shoes before. They know how busy and stressed out we are at this time. They understand that it has been difficult to balance everything. In addition, they have already been though the first days and year of teaching. They have been to the front lines (so to speak), and they are now returning to tell their stories. We can learn from them. We can learn from their mistakes, and more importantly, we can see what worked for them.

As I arrive at Olive Branch in a week, I believe that veteran teachers will continue to be my greatest resource. I will learn a lot from the veteran teachers at Olive Branch. They will know the ends and outs of the school and students. I know that they will be just as helpful as the MTC Veteran Teachers have been.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home