Sunday, July 24, 2005

My MTC Experience

As I look back upon these last two months, it is hard to believe how far I have come. It seems like just yesterday that we-all sat in Guyton Hall, not knowing hardly anyone. The summer has certainly passed rapidly. Time has flown by, and now we stand rapidly approaching August. It is hard for me to believe how much we have done in two months. We have had classes, wrote lesson plans, taught school, team taught, and now workshops. I feel that this program has prepared me for my first days and year of school. I know that I have progressed as a teacher. In short, I know that this program has transformed me into the best teacher that I can possible be. It focused on my qualifications and characteristics, and it allowed a teacher to emerge. I fully support the Mississippi Teacher Corps. I believe that it is an excellent program.

This program did more than teach me the do’s and don’ts of teaching. I feel as if I have made lasting friends. I know that as we continue with our years of school, we will keep in touch with the people in our program. They are our comfort, so to speak. We have all been in the same shoes from day one. We all walked into the School of Education, hardly knowing anyone. From there, we all learned together, and we shared ideas. Together, we will progress into our first days of school. Together, we will make the best teachers for Mississippi.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home