Saturday, December 03, 2005

My Changes Since Summer

Well, since the summer, my attitude has changed just slightly. First, my students still come first. If all of my students are not with me in the lesson, then I do not move on. I do what is best for them (in a certain time frame). In addition, I still love teaching! It is the largest challenge that I have ever faced in my life. Some days you want to cry, others you laugh. In the end though, it is worth it because I am reaching some kid.

Earilier, I said that every child was teachable and capable of learning to a certain level. I still believe this to be somewhat true. Every child is teachable, but I am not sure if every child WANTS to be taught. I have one student now who has a discipline record as long as my leg. He is constantly getting into trouble!!! It seems as if one day I have him within my grasp, and the next thing I know is he in the office! He is currently on his third out of school suspension. He has been in ALC (in school suspension) 3 times already this year. I now believe that he may be a lost cause. I know what no child left behind says. But come on! Can I really get this kid on board while 161 others may be getting left behind because I am dealing with this one kid! Anyway, let me get off my soap box for now.

I still believe that teaching is a rewarding career. I am already reaping those benefits. I work with overall great kids, an excellent staff, and an ever greater administration. Overall, my thoughts since summer are the same. I am a lot more tired now, but I still love what I do.

4 Comments:

Blogger pattyheart said...

Your blog entries are most interesting and informative. I have shared about your Teacher Log in my Blog Review.

7:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Merry Chrismas and Happy Holidays to all!!

8:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

We Sincerely Desire Your Financial Independence and Will Do All That We Can to Help You Achieve Success!

9:05 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello David H. Odom, been looking for the latest info on Trump and found My Changes Since Summer. Though not exactly what I was searching for, it did get my attention. Interesting post, thanks for a great read.

4:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home